AICE is actively involved with the challenging issues facing our business and the industry at large. The Association represents its membership to the advertising industry through close relationships with other trade associations and is a strong, clear voice in establishing industry-wide bsuiness practices and policy standards.
- AGENCY IN-HOUSE POST PRODUCTION
- "A Push for Greater Transparency, Ethics and Fairness" (PDF)In this policy statement, AICE calls for greater transparency in the bidding process for agency in-house post production facilities and an end to unfair business practices that damage its members' ability to compete.
- "Editor Loan-Outs: An AICE Overview" (PDF)
- AICE POLICY STATEMENT
- "It's Time to Re-think Current Ad Industry Post Production Business Practices" (PDF)An important policy statement that addresses a list of current business practices that, when taken together, threatens the health and vitality of AICE member companies' businesses.
- COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING LOUDNESS MITIGATION ACT
- "The CALM Act: HR 1084, December 16, 2009" (PDF)"To require the Federal Communications Commission to prescribe a standard to preclude commercials from being broadcast at louder volumes than the program material they accompany."
- "A/85 - Techniques for Establishing and Maintaining Audio Loudness for Digital Telebision"This Recommended Practice provides guidance to broadcasters and creators of audio for ATSC high-definition (HD) or standard-definition (SD) television content. It recommends production, distribution, and transmission practices needed to provide the highest quality audio soundtracks to the digital television audience. This Recommended Practice focuses on audio measurement, production, and postproduction monitoring techniques, and methods to effectively control loudness for content delivery or exchange. It recommends methods to effectively control program-to-interstitial loudness, discusses metadata systems and use, and describes modern dynamic range control. www.atsc.org