The Association of Independent Creative Editors (AICE) is an international association which represents the interests of independent creative editorial companies and their editors.
AICE is dedicated to the advancement and promotion of the creative editor and of the increasingly important role the creative editor plays in the media creation process. For example, more than 85% of all network television commercials edited in the United States and Canada are edited by AICE members.
With chapters in Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco and Toronto, AICE represents a significant segment of this vibrant sector and will continue to maintain its strong collective voice in the $5 billion commercial advertising industry.
Rapid advances in editing, graphics and audio technologies have created new tools which significantly broaden and enhance the editor's capabilities and influence. AICE members have been in the forefront of the technology expansion, researching, testing and adopting the latest tools and technologies to meet new creative challenges and opportunities.
As a trade organization, the AICE will continue to:
- Represent the creative editorial community within the advertising industry.
- Disseminate information on all aspects of editorial and post production for the edification of its membership.
- Develop industry standards and common business practices and procedures.
- Facilitate dialogue on key issues with agencies, advertisers, and suppliers.
- Educate advertising agencies and advertisers on all aspects of editorial and post production.